- 4 – 16 oz. Delmonico steaks
- 1 stick high-fat European butter (such as Kerry Gold or Plugra)
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon course freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon finely ground espresso
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Preheat your char grill to 450-500 degrees.
- Combine salt, pepper, espresso, sugar, chipotle powder, cumin and coriander in a small bowl and mix with a wire whisk until all of the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and season very generously over the entire steak until all the meat is covered. Repeat on the other side and let the seasoning sit and dissolve on the surface of the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Place on pre-heated grill and flip the steaks every 3-4 minutes until the steak reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove the steaks from grill and place on a serving platter. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each steak spreading it across entire steak. Let steak rest for about 1-2 minutes so the juices can settle and the butter can melt.
- Sit back, grab your favorite beverage and enjoy!