- 1 26-30 ounce beef Porterhouse
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms (found in most grocery and specialty shops)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your char grill to 450-500 degrees.
- Place softened butter in a small mixing bowl and add chives, lemon juice, garlic, shallots and Worcestershire. Mix well with a fork until smooth and set aside.
- Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a small coffee grinder and blend until the mushrooms become a powder. Add tcrushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and season very generously over the entire steak until all the meat is covered. Repeat on the other side and let the seasoning sit and dissolve on the surface of the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Place on pre-heated grill and flip steak every 3-4 minutes until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Remove steak from the grill and place on a serving platter. Place 3-4 tablespoons of steak butter on the meat, and spread across the entire steak. Let the steak rest for about 1-2 minutes so the juices can settle and the butter can melt.
- Carve each section of steak off the bone and enjoy!