Garlic Grilled Whole Beef Tenderloin
Feed the whole party with ease by grilling an entire tenderloin.
- 1 trimmed 4-5-pound beef tenderloin
- 1/3 cup sxtra-virgin olive oil
- 6 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
Fold the thin end of the tenderloin roast under to make the meat an even thickness. Then, tie the roast (about 5-6 ties per full roast) and place it on a large-rimmed baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with garlic, pepper, rosemary, and salt. Rub the mixed herb oil all over the roast. Then, refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Pre-heat the grill on moderately high heat. Grill the roast over the direct heat, turning often, until nicely charred. For a medium-rare result (125 degrees F), it should take about 20-25 minutes to cook.
Transfer your roast to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Then, slice it to ½ inch thickness and dig in.