Smoked Gouda Green Beans
Inspired by LongHorn® Steakhouse’s Fall Peak Season side dish
- 24 oz. fresh green beans, stems removed
- 3-4 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 6 oz. container of crispy fried onions, store bought
- Boil in a pot of salt water for 2 minutes for al dente, or 7 to 10 minutes for softer green beans.
- Add to a cold-water bath once desired degree of doneness is achieved.
- Once completely chilled, remove from the cold water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add in flour, stirring to form a paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan and Gouda cheese until melted.
- Add green beans and toss to coat and season with pepper and salt.
Add to your serving dish and top with fried onions. Serve immediately.